Copying eebs on this one.
1. I just spent two days over-caffeinating myself at the London Coffee Festival. The weekdays are “industry days” which basically means it’s all free coffee and samples and schmoozing. I love it, but at the same time, I often wonder about the sincerity of the people I’m dealing with. Are they friends? Simply trying to sell me something? The coffee/service industry is a weird place, because it can be a bit of both, but they might also hate your guts and you’ll never know.
2. Speaking of which, there’s a massive party tomorrow night by a major player in coffee. I got told about it, but not technically invited. I kinda want to go, but I don’t want to be that person who showed up uninvited. I’m still a greenhorn to the London coffee scene. I think I’ll just pass…then if any of the organizers (who I’m acquainted with) ask why I didn’t turn up, I’ll simply state that I wasn’t invited. That’s a good way to figure out the lay of the land, methinks.
3. After months of dealing with a dying battery and a fraying power cord, I finally treated my poor computer to a fresh set of both. My Mac is 6 years old, and this is the only repair I’ve had to make to it. I’ll inform the next person who tells me a Mac is too expensive.
4. Safety and Rescue Training for kayaking tomorrow with all my favourites. And a braai (South African for barbecue) when I get home in the evening. Who has time for a silly old industry party? ME! I want to go so bad. Dang it.
5. I’m a fairly attractive person. So why is it that if I find a guy attractive, I suddenly can’t speak to him in public? Because rejection, that’s why. I gotta work on that. If it ain’t right, you can’t fake the funk.